Last week a United flight from Orlando, Florida, to Los Angeles declared an emergency and was forced to divert to New Orleans after a passenger became ill. Paramedics transported him to a local hospital where he was pronounced deceased. A week later, the Jefferson Parish Coroner’s report listed the cause of death as acute respiratory failure and COVID-19.
Stock futures indicated slight gains in the market this morning, with the Dow and the S&P 500 increasing 0.3%, and the Nasdaq 100 futures rising 0.2%. This follows an earlier drop when President Donald Trump communicated his distaste for the $900 billion stimulus bill.
He called the package a “disgrace,” and urged lawmakers to send him a “suitable bill or else the next administration will have to deliver a [virus] relief package.”
“President Trump’s demand for revisions to the [virus] relief bill to raise the individual payment amount to $2,000 significantly raises uncertainty for the days ahead,” said one analyst. “But our base remains that the bill passed by Congress will become law.”
Showing gratitude is an essential part of life that’s often overlooked. We’re so used to looking out for ourselves that we forget to be thankful for everything that others do for us. By showing more gratitude, we can help to build an atmosphere of thankfulness among our family and friends.
Some people see gratitude as showing vulnerability or giving up control. And, in some ways, that’s true. But doing so connects you to other people by revealing that you’re just as human as they are.
One way to develop a habit of showing more gratitude is by simply saying thank you more often. We often overlook that practice in our daily lives because we see it as overused.
And one of the most important ways to be more thankful is by openly acknowledging those who have helped you. Even if they don’t want the attention, they deserve one-on-one confirmation and affirmation.
If you’re looking for some tips and tricks to lose weight, we have uncovered 31 of the best kept secrets of weight loss.
One of those secrets is to live by what is called the 80/20 rule. This means that 80 percent of your diet is made up of healthy food choices like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats. The other 20 percent of your diet can be used for indulgence from time-to-time, such as consuming chocolate, French fries, and other treats.