Spanish police are investigating the death of a 39-year-old man whose body was found inside a dinosaur statue. Authorities were alerted on Saturday after a father and his son noticed a smell emanating from the paper-mâché figure in Santa Coloma de Gramenet, a suburb of Barcelona.
Local media report the unidentified man was trying to retrieve a mobile phone he dropped inside the statue. He then fell inside the decorative figure and was left trapped upside down, unable to call for help. Police said the man had been reported missing by his family, and no foul play is suspected.
Three fire brigade teams were called to the scene after the body was discovered, and firefighters cut open the dinosaur leg to retrieve it. Police have not confirmed how the man ended up inside the dinosaur and are awaiting the results of his autopsy to find out how he died.
Additional News Headlines
- Memorial Day gas prices expected to be highest since 2014
- How to stop deer from colliding with cars? Bring in wolves
- Texas set to remove one of its last major gun restrictions
- Moderna says its vaccine is safe for adolescents
- Nebraska inmates’ fight to wed ends after one of them dies