A California man tried to kill his estranged wife with butcher knives at their son’s football game. The attack occurred on Friday when a 40-year-old woman was watching her son practice football. There, prosecutors allege the son’s father, Russell Matthew Husges, charged “across the field at her holding two large butcher knives.”
Spectators, including an off-duty Garden Grove police officer and the couple’s 9-year-old son, intervened in the attack. It was unclear what led to the attack. The victim was granted a family court order against her estranged husband a few weeks before the incident.
Husges, 43, of Anaheim, California, faces several charges, including attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, disobeying a domestic relations court order, and child abuse and endangerment. If convicted, Husges could face up to life in prison.
Additional News Headlines
- Famed Darwin’s Arch collapses due to erosion in Galapagos Islands
- Suspect in custody after alleged kidnapping attempt of an 11-year-old
- Millions of Texans are under flash flood warnings due to torrential rain
- Video captures hero cop single-handedly lifting an overturned car off a woman
- China authorities are investigating the cause of a 70-story skyscraper swaying